Thursday, March 25, 2010

Our Spring Break Adventure...

Our spring break this year has been full of crazy adventures.
Monday was pretty normal, we hung out and was lazy all day. Elly was a little fussy that day and we thought it was just teething. We went and hung out with the Haynies and had lots of fun, I left at 11 and anthony came home at 1 lol. When I got home I changed elly's diaper and saw these little hive like bumps around where the edge of her diaper was. I didnt think much of it and put some diaper rash cream on it and put her to bed. She was super grumpy that night and didnt sleep well at all.
Tuesday. I woke up and got elly out of bed and she was covered in a rash and hives arms legs and a little on her face back and chest. I had no idea what it was and was kinda scared so I called her dr and we took her in later that day. He said it was probably contact dermititus and put her on a benadryl regiment. It made her more sleepy and a little more managable so we thought it was making her feel better. She still wasnt quite herself but she was acting better. So we put her to bed and she woke up 2 times so anthony gave her a blessing and she slept a little longer. Then woke up at 3 and wouldnt stop screaming and the rash looked worse and finally we got her to sleep at 5 and she woke up 2 more times.
Wednesday. When she woke up the rash was a little better(or so we thought ) on her arms and legs it had turned more of a light brown not red, but the hives and rash got worse and bigger on her chest. Anthony had his Actuarial exam that day so I spent the day with a screaming very clingy child, and felt horrible cause I couldnt do anything for her. It is the worst feeling in the world feeling so helpless, expecially when you love something so much. So we called her dr and he couldnt fit us in so we ended up taking her to the ER around 6 and when we got there they told us it looked to be an allergic reaction to the ammoxicilin that she had just finished taking for her ear infection. They said she was probably allergic to the penicyllan in it. They gave her a shot of addrenlilin since her toes were starting to turn purple from lack of circulation and swelling. (which was horrifying) then they gave her 3 doses of zyrtec and it was amazing to see how the rash and hives started to get lighter in color and fade.
Thursday we woke up after only waking up once. She looked so so so much better her face almost cleared(although she hates taking her medicine) and her body clearning up nicely. I took her in for her follow up appointment and they said shes looking so much better and that the meds she is taking is making her better.
So to my relief my daughter is fine, still a little fussy but so much more like herself. Fighting sleep right now as we speak but she is playing and eating and being elly and I cant tell you how horrifying it was to see the reaction to the medicine. I am so greatful for the power of the priesthood and my husband being worthy to hold it. I am also so greatful for dr's who know how to help my baby girl feel so much better. Needless to say it was not fun but I am SO happy its almost over. I love my family and I love my baby girl and shes doing awesome now :)
Thats my spring break fun, hopefully the weekend is more fun haha.

1 comment:

  1. That's so scary! Caleb had a bad reaction too after taking it for an ear infection. Not as bad as poor Elly! So glad she's feeling better!

    ReplyDelete